Sue Simoens is a freelance graphic artist serving The Compass, official newspaper for the Diocese of Green Bay and many other clients throughout Northeast WI. She has over 35 years of experience and is an independent owner of a graphic design and photography business specializing in print advertising and web graphics.
For over 13 years, she has been a part-time graphic design instructor of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign classes at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College. Sue provides corporations in the Green Bay area with graphics or Adobe software training and consulting. She also teaches art at Sacred Heart Catholic Elementary School in Shawano, Wis., where she enjoys working with preschool through eighth grade students.
Sue is a published artist and photographer. She is married with 2 children.
Modern Composition and Design of Advertising -
Print and Digital Platforms
Thursday, June 14th, 2018
3:15 P.m. to 4:30 P.M.
This session will cover creative advertising design for print and web media from start to finish!
This will include, but not be limited to:
- Setting-up presets for ad sizes in InDesign
- Understanding resolution of images for print and web
- Photo adjustment for quality b/w and color print
- Composing eye catching designs with provided materials and stock images
- Optimizing ad images for web
- Preparing print pages for press from editorial to plate!
- Ad placement on pages
- Set-up actions for print-ready images and photos in Photoshop